Thursday, May 3, 2007

Send a Smile



I must say, I feel a bit spoiled by my mother-in-law. She's great with the children, plays with them, makes me work (and think it's playing), and is willing to take the kids pretty much any time day or night at a moment's notice when she is here.

Today I've been having a very blue day. I got my hair cut yesterday and was a tad hasty in explaining myself to the stylist and ended up with a tragedy. My beautiful long locks that I had finally grown to love are gone. And while I did wish some of the length away, I'm now about two inches minus what I had hoped to have today. And I now have a cut that I really didn't like on me before. I just don't feel it's a good look for me, I've felt like sticking my head in a paper sack. The only redeeming thing is that she didn't cut the layers too short to pull up, so that's what I've been doing. It's been hard to deal with.

The doorbell rang about half an hour ago and the man asked for my signature. He was holding the most beautiful bouquet of tulips I've ever seen, or at least I feel that way. They were for me. I wanted to cry, I had no idea who they were from. My first thought was Patrick, since he knows I'm having such a rough day. But they're from my mother-in-law, who is currently in Germany and wanted to send me a 'Get Well Soon' wish for my ankle. How sweet is that?!

Yep, injured my ankle last week in a step class, which I love, but now I've got this weekend ankle that I'm not sure wants to heal. I hope it well, I'd love to be stepping again soon.

6 comments:

Ashley Canady said...

Ruth, I am sure your hair doesn't look as bad as you think. I bet it looks great. I've had bad hair cuts where I have left crying. It stinks. That is so sweet of your mother in law to send you flowers.

Emily said...

Ruth, I am so sad that you think your hair cut didn't work out for you. You will never trust me again!

Ruth said...

I called you to find someone who could repair the damage.

Emily said...

Oh, then call Karen! I was wondering how things went so wrong, she's wonderful.

-Laura- said...

What a sweet mother-in-law! I hope your hair and ankle feel better soon (although like Emily, I'm sure it doesn't look as bad as you think!).

Unknown said...

Hey! I love to do step aerobics too! I also am very envious of your tulips, because I absolutely love tulips. I can totally sympathize with the hair cut thing. A good haircut is very important. Karen cuts my hair too and she really is great. I'm sure, though, that you're still gorgeous darling! Good Luck!