Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School Begins

Yesterday was the first day of school in McKinney. I had two children going to school this year. Liam began kindergarten yesterday, it was completely natural to him. He's been wanting to go to school at "Gillian's School" for several years now, he was beyond excited. He barely even said goodbye.

Gillian was as excited as ever, I think I sensed a little nervousness on her part about who would be in her class and who her friends would be. She was great though, when she had a friend at her table when we dropped her off.

Cora came to me before we left and requested that I dress her. Then let me know she needed a backpack, and then a lunch in her backpack. It was adorable.

However, on the way home as she realized she wasn't going to school she was completely pitiful. I felt so bad for her. She just sort of sobbed. She will go to school without turning around and looking back too, one day. I'm so not ready to have them all gone.

It's odd to just be here with her and no one else. It's a huge contrast to this summer when they were all here every day. It'll take me some time to get used to.


No comments: