Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Special Time with Mommy

Cora and I are settling into a new arrangement. It's just the two of us from 9am until 4pm on school days. On day one she thought she was going to be quite unhappy at home with me, however, I think she's starting to think this might be fun. (She does still talk at regular intervals about going to "Gillian's School".)

Yesterday morning we needed to run over to Oma's house for vacuum cleaner bags, we're borrowing hers while she's in China as ours broke. Cora woke up maybe 8 minutes before we left to drop off the other two at school so I loaded up sweet bed-head Cora in her cute Elmo pj's with no shoes and off we went.

We dropped the other two off and headed to Oma's house. I thought she'd enjoy having something to eat so I stopped on the way back and picked up two donuts for her. She picked them out, they had star sprinkles. She was so excited about them. She held them tightly in her lap until we got home, I guess she didn't want to eat them in the car. (And I forgot to take them out and give them to her.)

It's so much fun to get to be with her one on one and get to know her better.



No comments: