Monday, April 30, 2007

The 'Bestest', Hands Down



Each Monday evening the adults at the Emonsters house realize that, yet again, we have failed to PREPARE our Family Home Evening lesson. Ugh, again. Yes, I have to admit it, it feels a bit like work, one more thing on virtual to-do list that I didn't participate in making for myself. And I like to be the one in charge.

So, this evening over dinner I thought out an impromptu lessson, yet again. We always let them do artwork at FHE, it's become a tradition, when we've attempted to leave it out we've had to put out riots. So I based the lesson on the activity and figured 'why not let them do something different tonight?' Handprints would be a great way to tie in finger painting with a lesson Heavenly Father having a body like us.

So unfolds a lovely evening, well 20 minutes, of fun with electric blue paint, giggling, fun mess making, and learning. Cora explored the floor the entire lesson, happily learning her surroundings and becoming even more confident with pulling up and standing.

A few minutes after I sent Gillian off to get ready for bath she zipped back into the kitchen to put her arm and around me and say 'That was the bestest Family Home Evening EVER!'. Wow. Can't argue with that, can I?

2 comments:

-Laura- said...

It's SO nice to hear that other families have on-the-spot FHE lessons too! What a fun night! You definitely can't go wrong with paint all over your hands.

becki said...

congrats on being a good mormon mommy. crafts sound fun-we'll have to try that sometime.