Monday, April 30, 2007

I Finished!


I've finished my first quilt top!!! Yeah!! It also marks the completion of my 'Beginning Machine Piecing' class, which was lots of fun. I learned so much over the past four weeks. I'm excited to move on to other projects and a little weary of completing this one. However, there are people who pay others to quilt their quilt for them and only enjoy the cutting and piecing. I really enjoyed learning how to do the cutting and the piecing. And it turned out so much better than I thought that it would. Thanks Lisa, I had so much fun!! I'll miss you!

2 comments:

becki said...

it is a beautiful quilt and I can't believe how even all your lines were. It looks even better in person.

Emily said...

Ruth, thanks so much for the comments on my blog, it made my day!

Your quilt looks amazing. My mother and grandmother both are (and were, my grandma passed away a few years back) amazing quilters. Much to their dismay, I was not interested (more of a paper and scrapbook fan, I think I was lugged to WAY too many fabric stores and quilt shops as a kid), but I can appriciate the work that is put into a quilt top.

Keep this up, with practice you will become a pro. This piece looks wonderful, you should be so proud!