Thursday, February 22, 2007

Love is in the air .... well, maybe it's just sugar

Valentine's Day was a lot of fun this year. Cora will be 8 months old on February 30th, oh wait, there is no 30th ... so I guess she'll be 8 months on the 2nd?? Hmmm.

Anyhow, we had a blast on Valentine's Day making cookies. And Mom and Dad got to go out on a date, our first really since Cora was born. Why did we wait so long? Well, it just took that long for us to have long enough to breath and set something up. We decided on asian and finally went to PF Chang's. I think I totally ordered the wrong thing, but enjoyed it a lot anyway. I loved the atmosphere and we did have potstickers for an apetizer, they were splendid! The funny thing was I kept smelling things that smelled like what I would have loved to have eaten, but I had no idea what I was smelling.

I think it was the coldest day of the year so far, it was so freezing. We actually had snow flurries to watch as we sat and talked and ate our lunch. We're so greatful to Brenda for keeping our two little ones so we could have a real date on Valentine's Day.

Patrick bought me a ring, which had to be sent off to be sized, and instead of flowers he bought be a plant. It's a lovely Amstel King Ficus tree, it's a lovely addition to the living room. And they assured us hard to kill. Yeah! I need that.

1 comment:

-Laura- said...

Cute pictures! Glad you had a good Valentine's day! And I'm especially glad you got to go out on a date...sometimes I forget the meaning of that word! P.F. Chang's sounds like it was yummy!