Saturday, February 24, 2007

Precious Moments

Cora awoke this morning at 6am, and as traditionally I brought her into my bed and laid her down next to me to nurse her. I always go back to sleep until she stirs. She stirred a lot this morning and kept sort of pricking me with her fingernails while eating. I switched her to the other side sometime in the middle (and changed her diaper). Around 7:40 this morning she sort of whimpered like something was wrong and didn't want to nurse anymore. Usually in these moments I get quite frustrated not knowing what she wants.

This morning I took my arm that was lying behind her and wrapped it around her and brought her in close to me, thinking I might switch sides again. She calmed right down and went back to sleep. It made me feel so special that all she needed was me to hold her and then she went back to sleep. In fact, Liam came in a few moments later and Cora slept the whole time I got out of bed with her until I managed to get back into her room and lay her down. She's now peacefully sleeping in her bed.

It really makes me feel so special and important to have these moments with my children.

No comments: